Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 96 17:36:41 EST
     Chere Henri;

     Most people, in my experience, now have cut sheet laminators which cut
     the sheet from a roll of photoresist prior to laminating it, thus
     leaving approx 1/4" of bare copper around the edge of a panel after
     dry film lamination.  This removes the need of trimming after dry film
     lamination.  Please contact your Dry Film Vendor for manufacturers of
     this equipment in your area, if interested. If you are using a hot
     roll laminator, an old method that we used to use is to utilize
     something like a hot (heated Exacto knife) to trim panels after
     lamination.  This tended to reduce the number of flakes from the edge
     of a board by melting the photoresist as it cut.  The down side to
     this is that it made the photoresist harder to develope right at the
     edges because of heat polymerization.  The heat also sometimes stuck
     the polyethylene cover sheet to the photoresist, sometimes making the
     polyethylene difficult to remove prior to developing.  This method is
     technique sensitive and the knife should not get to hot.

     Apologies for the delay in this answer, but I have been out of the
     loop for a while.

     Good Luck, hope this helps.

     Greg Schroeder