TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 22:59:11 +0100
I'm an italian engineer specialized on AI-software application to ml-PCB
manufactoring.
I would like to know the judgement of technical people on a system that I'm
developing/testing, and their experience.The system can detect a signal from
a CNC machine while it's drilling a particular small test-coupons on
ml-pcb(it's not important now ,how it can do it).
After it can calculate the innerlayer misregistration and correct
the all coordinates of the drilling file.
This correction can make a compensation to offset/rotation and
EXTENSION-SHRINKAGE.It can operate also with a Multiline registration-system
because it does'n create  new register holes but corrects the coordinates of
the file.In the production enviroments that I know, the big problem is not
the "RANDOM" MECHANICAL REGISTER DEFECT but the LAY-UP-DEPENDENT SYSTEMATIC
DIMENSIONAL INSTABILITY.So, for me is easy think that it is better  make a
best correction of the all coordinates one time and apply to all boards than
make a new offset to register holes for any board.I think also that the last
methodology cannot have a better result than a Multiline register system when
the big problem is dimensional stability.For my experience is very hard the
modification of the film dimension to compensate the material dimensional
instability due to the dinamics of the suppling firm of lamites and organization
delay time in film production.
This is my think, and would like to know Your think about.
Thanks,

                                                 Luca Marchese