From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 08:35:52 -0400
Guenter;

You may wish to look at teh IPC-SM-782A, Surface Mount Design and Land
Pattern Standard, from the IPC. The land patterns calculations, within, are
process independent, and has proven to be reliable. Since they are process
independent, they tend to be, in some cases, larger than what you may wish
fro your design. However, the dialogue associated withthe land patterns will
give you guidance as to where you may wish to reduce the land pattern size.

At 08:51 AM 5/7/96 +0200, Guenter Grossmann wrote:
>Hello
>
>I face a problem with the design of foodprints for wave soldering of SMT
>components with partially non wetting surfaces. By using the elasticas as
>statet by R.J. Klein Wassink ( Soldering in electronics ) I get endles
>pads. I belive I have a serious problem of understanding. R.J. has retired.
>Does someone know how I can reach him or is there a Guru that can help me ?
>Maybe one of the Philips folks who wrote the Guidelines for Footprint
>Design?
>
>Best regards
>Guenter

Regards,