From:
"Elias, Phil (AZ75)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
26 Jun 1996 18:22:25 -0500

The advantage of not having the thermal relief on the inner layers where
something is not being soldered into the hole is that with surface mount
components and the newer technologies in general the speed of our products
is going up exponetially. Not having a restriction on the inner layer allows
for much better current flow in the substrate and quicker supply of power to
our components. Thermal relief use should be eliminated when ever possible.

 Phil Elias
 Honeywell Air Transport Systems