Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 11:31:12 +0500 (EST)

Could I have some suggestions or comments on post-HASL cleaning?

This plant uses Dexter AF 1885 flux, a hydrochloric acid solution, in HASL.

After solder applications, panels go through the following cleaning steps -

spray rinse (the next -to-last section of a fusing oven)

spray rinse (last section of a fusing oven)

5-10 minute dip in 5% Dexter 2263 cleaner

1-2 minutes in 80 F flowing water tank

spray rinse and dry (last section of an outer layer etcher).

This process seems fairly complex and lengthy.  The chemical process
engineer and HASL operator would like to have something less involved.

I have said (in my role a quality assurance manager) that we might do
some designed experiments to try different approaches.  Thanks for any input.

Lou Hart

.