From:
[log in to unmask] (Jerry Cupples)
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:18:10 -0500
chen xiao bo asked:

>Dear TechNets,
>
>I'm wondering if someone out of there could tell me
>
>        1, Whatis Bellcore?

Bell Communications Research (As in the former Bell System, you know -
Alexander Graham Bell?)

>        2, what is the industry that required Bellcore?

Telecommunications. The US Bell Operating Companies (BOC's) will usually
specify Bellcore documents in their purchases. Some others use them as
well, but they mainly apply to anything connected to the US public
telephone network.

>        3, How to get Bellcore qualify?

they publish a specification called TR-NWT-000078 which requires certain
cleanliness controls to be implemented, among other things. I believe that
it may be a misconception that they actually "qualify" anyone as a vendor.

>        4, How much will be cost?

Bellcore does consulting work. You could pay them to tell you how, you
could figure it out. The cost is hard to estimate if we don't know your
level of expertise. I would think any good circuit board operation could
implement the required process controls for a few thousand dollars per
month assuming the test equipment is available. It might be much more if
you do not have a well established process.

See http://www.bellcore.com/

Jerry Cupples
Interphase Corporation
Dallas, TX USA