TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
Bob Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:48:32 -0700
Ciba's Probimer 52 is an all epoxy system. It is the only 100%
epoxy solder mask, that is photoimageable, currently available (to
my knowledge).

While a 100% epoxy mask provides superior mechanical and
chemical resistance, it also has slower photo speed, poorer
resolution properties, and longer cure times.

The epoxy/acrylate systems have improved over the last several
years. They currently have mechanical and chemical resistance
properties that approach 100% epoxy systems. At the same time
they process easier than their epoxy counter parts. You can
achieve fast photo speed, high resolution, and short cure cycles.

I hope this helps you.

Bob Metcalf
Morton Electronic Materials

>>> Terry Zhu <[log in to unmask]> 06/18/97 01:04am >>>
	I always thought LPI ink is mixed Epoxy with Acrylic resin.
Acrylic defines image ( free radical propagation unit by opening
double bond) and Epoxy give hardness and all kind of resistance
properties. I am truly not aware there are also all epoxy and all
acrylic LPI  around. Could anyone give me some information
about advantage and disadvantage among these different LPI
inks? Also I am wondering what photo reaction could be in all
epoxy system ? and if chemical resistance would be good
enough for all acrylic system? Sorry for being ignorant and all
input welcomed.