TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Darrell Bonzo)
Date:
Tue, 03 Jun 97 7:45

To certify is a formal confirmation as true, accurate, or genuine.
 Supplier records and certifications are considered one of the best
objective evidence of quality.  It is basically a obligation and
statement that the supplier "certifies that the product manufactured
under any purchase order or contract was done so to all applicable
drawings, notes, and specifications requested by the customer".  A
material certification is the same, the material provided is exactly what
the customer asked for.

It becomes a problem for come contractors who have suppliers who will
based on limited information, substitute materials, or processes based on
cost, availability, etc.  Certifications of Conformance, or Materials are
used to discourage this.

Excuse the soapbox, but I have spent the last 20 years trying to educate
suppliers on the criticality of this objective evidence.

Thanks
Darrell Bonzo
EDO Corporation