Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 13:36:31 -0400
     I have used two different methods to check adhesion of solder mask to
     metal.  The most stringent method was ASTM D 3359 which assesses the
     adhesion by applying and removing tape over cuts made in the solder
     mask.  Special cutters and the tape can be purchased through Paul
     Gardner Company at 1-800-762-2478.  The other method is IPC-TM-650 ,
     2.4.28.1.  It requires printing a checkboard pattern on the metal and
     assessing the adhesion using tape.

     If you want more specifics, please call me at (508)749-7570.

     Linda Kenison
     Vicor
     Andover, MA