From:
"Holly Lynch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 09:08:45 -0700

 Dean R. Cornstubble		Phone: 919-541-6813 (Fax, 7155)
 Research Chemical Engineer		RTI Home Page http://www.rti.org
 Research Triangle Institute		P2 Page
http://www.rti.org/units/ese/pp.html
 P.O. Box 12194
 Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

My name is Dean Cornstubble and I work for Research Triangle Institute (RTI) in
Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina.
Research Triangle Institute is currently working in cooperation with the U.S.
EPA's Air Pollution Prevention and Control Division
(APPCD), in RTP, to integrate the concepts and practices of indoor air quality
and pollution prevention by identifying and
demonstrating a pollution prevention approach that can be used to reduce indoor
air emissions from electronic office equipment;
specifically, those from computer monitors containing printed circuit boards.
 The objective of this research is to compare the
emissions of volatile organic compounds from printed circuit board laminates
made of paper/phenol and glass/epoxy versus a
newly developed glass/lignin-containing epoxy.

I am therefore seeking information regarding manufactures and their
manufacturing processes of paper/phenol and glass/epoxy
laminates.  In addition, I am seeking those companies who would be willing to
participate in the evaluation by supplying a test
samples of a maximum cut of 6" x 10" (size of environmental testing chambers).
 Technical contacts for those interested companies
would be appreciated.  I am aware of the fact that most computer monitors
contain paper/phenol laminates and are assembled
overseas and imported to the U.S.  Therefore, I would assume representative
samples may be a problem.

I would be most appreciative if anyone could provide me with requested
information in support of this research effort.  For those of
you who are interested in discussing this project independently with the EPA,
feel free to contact Ms. Kelly Leovic of the Office of
Research and Development / APPCD at (919) 541-7717.

---End of forwarded mail from "Dean R. Cornstubble" <[log in to unmask]>