TECHNET Archives

April 2016

From:
Dave Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dave Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2016 09:20:03 -0500
A picture would certainly help us understand your application.

Based solely on description I tend to agree with some other responses that your issue is in the design of the flex circuit rather than the plating.
Every flex circuit that I've ever designed or seen that is intended for a zif application employs a rigid backing material and has both a minimum exit length prior to bending area and a minimum bend radius, regardless of finish (ENIG, Silver, Tin).