TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
Eric Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:18:24 +0100
Brian,
Thanks for stating the facts so clearly. It's such a long time since vapour
phase was popular and it was misunderstood then.
The toxic thermal degradation product, by the way, is PFIB,
perfluoroisobutylene. I heard horror stories of this chemical being produced
during the early days of machining PTFE when the perpetrator was smoking as
well. A sliver lands on the lighted end, he inhales and Goodnight Vienna.
Was this an urban myth?
Regards
Eric Dawson