From:
John Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 14:59:25 -0700
Phil,

We are also considering making the switch from tin/lead to tin plating as initially an etch resist only.  We are however interested in your comment on using tin only as a final finish.  Standard production would remain SMOBC...

1. Can tin plating be offered as an alternative to our customers concerned about pad finish for SMT applications?

2.  Are there problems with bonding between LPI mask and the tin plating?

Any information, pro's con's, on this with respect to fabrication and assembly would be appreciated.

Regards
John Parsons
Circuit Graphics Ltd.