TECHNET Archives

October 2001

From:
Phil Kinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 17:10:37 +0100
Stripper 1063 is the recommended stripper for 1A33.  It will remove
cured 1A33 in about 1-2 hours depending on factors such as thickness,
age and agitation (spray under immersion is good).

The stripper is quite basic, so I would recommend a thorough rinse in a
mildly polar solvent such as an IPA/water mixture to remove any
residues.

As long as the board is not left immersed for too long in stripper 1063
it will be fairly selective and leave the inks, resist and components
alone.  However, I have seen corrosion of unusual hybrid alloy
connectors.

Leave your board in overnight and you might have more problems.  Leave
it in over the weekend and ......  My advice is to keep an eye on the
process and develop a tight process spec for your operators.

HumiSeal Tech Support team are normally pretty helpful.  It might be
worth talking it through with them. ([log in to unmask])

Hope this gives you something to work with.

Regards,

Phil Kinner
Chief Chemist
Concoat Ltd
2C Albany Park, Frimley Road,
Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7PH

Tel: +44 (0) 1276 691100
Fax: +44 (0) 1276 691227

 Attention: This message is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
securely and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if
you are not the intended recipient. Concoat Ltd and any of its
subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised
to state them to be the views of Concoat Ltd or one of its subsidiaries.
Although this message has been scanned for known viruses and
inappropriate content, we recommend that recipients employ appropriate
measures on their systems to intercept any such material.
Thank You - Concoat Ltd