Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 96 14:48:31 PST
     The equipment that you speak of is called a Micro Modifier.

Subject: soldermask equip.
Author:  [log in to unmask] at corp
Date:    1/26/96 12:52 PM

Help!

As I understand it, there is a standard piece of equipment used throughout
the pcb fab industry that will take a piece of film for a "pad master" and
create a piece of film for a soldermask. Pads end up .010-.015 larger on new
exposed film. As I understand, this equipment has a motorized surface that
moves in a circular motion.

I hope this description is not to vague, but if you can tell me if such a
machine exists? What is it really called? And is that it's true purpose?

The problem is, we have lost many of our older gerber archives from an obsolete
cad system, and need to purchase more of these older boards from our previous
supplier. Our interest is, If our existing supplier can now supply these
pcb's with a soldermask, (they did not have soldermask before).

Is this much of a problem for pcb fabricators?

Thanks for your answers: