TECHNET Archives

April 2008

From:
James Verrette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, James Verrette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:07:41 -0400
Genny,

Make sure the leads on any through hole components are long enough to go
through the board. There is no way to tell if they are soldered if the
tails don't come out.  I inherited a .125" thick development board
assembly with a lot of headers with short pins.  Impossible to get them
all to solder properly.  Ended up redesigning the board to finally make
the software guys stop complaining.  I won't get into why it was .125"
thick.

Jim Verrette