From:
Gary Laurence Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 17:27:21 -0400
We are cuurently using a "No Clean" solder paste in our surface mount
assembly process.  We have a problem when misprints take place at the
screen printer in that we do not have a good cleaning method for
removing the misprinted solder paste from the board.  We presently hand
clean with a wipe and IPA.  We have also used a small ultrasonic batch
cleaner with "Axarel 2200" in it.  Both methods do not clean the board
adequately and when these boards make their way through reflow, solder
balls are formed that create failures.

My question is:  What Economical cleaning method (less than $1,000.00)
can be used to effectively remove "No Clean" solder paste from
misprinted boards at screen print?

Thanks for your help!

Gary Barton
--
                    \\|//
                    (@^@)

  /\    Anyone who expects everything to be   /\
 _\/_   letter perfect never gets very far   _\/_
/_/\_\  into the alphabet.                  /_/\_\

        You can't get much done by starting tomorrow.

        The easiest way to get ahead - isn't very.

        What lies behind us and what lies before us are
        tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

EMAIL:  [log in to unmask]
                    U   U