From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 01 Jul 96 10:58:51 cst
     Hi Jan:

     Please don't take this wrong but why are you brewing your own flux?
     There are dozens of flux formulations on the market that you could try
     that have enhanced activity to solve solderability problems (but
     sometimes at the expense of corrosion problems). Interflux is good
     stuff but you need only enough to do the job and must get it totally
     cleaned off. What is the nature of the solderability problems? It
     sounds like you are preheating the assembly for a very long time or
     that you have very small vias you are trying to fill. Can you give
     fill in some more details on the specifics of the solderability
     problems? Are you using nitrogen? Is the assembly big?

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins