From:
Neil Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 01 Nov 1996 12:10:24 -0600
At 06:54 AM 11/1/96 PST, Wolfgang Schenke wrote:
<CLIP>

>We always should watch out that poor implementation of standards do not
>reflect on the standard itself. Poor Gerber or EDIF implementation should
>reflect on software companies, not on standards. It is time, that users
>tell their software vendors about these problems and make them fix it.
>
>Wolfgang Schenke (714-721-1017)

Very well put!
The most frustrating problem users face is the last sentence of your
statement.
I have seen some of the most creative dances from vendors when trying to
deal with some of these issues.

This is one area that CAD software vendors could improve their services.
                 _ _
                (. .)
  \    |       \     /   "We cannot direct the Wind,    |         /
  /    |        \   /     But we can adjust our Sails"  |         \