Date:
Fri, 02 Feb 96 12:17:24 -0100
Our company produces avionica and other high-tech eletronic equipment.
At our new SMA facility we now use solder pastes with show flux-residue
after reflowing. At this moment, cleaning of the SMT P.C.B.'s is done
with a special cleaning product in a Systronic machine.

For several reasons, our cleaning process will probably be changed, then
using demi-water mixed with Isopropyl Alchohol for removal of flux.
This means that I have to test and select other solderpaste for (automated)
stencilprinting and manual dispensing. "No-clean" flux is not really an
option, except for non-visible residues. (We now use Multicore, ESP and
Alpha Metals for a wide variety of products, in general Sn62 RMA.)

My questions are :
1) can anybody give me an advise on which type of solderpaste
   I should consider testing.
2) is cleaning with water or IPA (or mixed) a good option for SMT related
   products and who has experience with it ?
I hope your answers can help me in selecting the right solder-paste(s).

Ivo de Rooij
Process Engineer/Operator Surface Mount Assembly

Fokker ELMO B.V.
P.O. Box 75
4630 AB  Hoogerheide
The Netherlands