From:
Phil Yates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 14:46:19 -0500
We have seen this also.  On Cu/Ni/Au surfaces, the Ni mimicks the Cu and
the Au mimicks the Ni, so the resulting surface topography is a function
of the original Cu topography.  If the supplier can provide a uniform Cu
surface, then you stand a much better chance of yielding finished Au
metalization with uniform bondability.

Phil Yates
Nextek, Inc.