From:
[log in to unmask] (ROGER HELD)
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 08:35:58 -0600
     At Hitachi, we like to cover the vias with soldermask (it is our
     preferred practice).  This helps prevent solder bridging and helps
     seat the boards in the ICT fixture.  However, it also masks vias that
     may be used as test points to increase ICT coverage.  This is probably
     not a problem with a two layer board but we have had to strike a
     balance (between covered or not covered or partially covered).

     Roger Held