TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 97 23:24:49 cst
     Hi TechNet -

     I would suggest reviewing and verifying (with thermal couples) your
     total thermal profile of the caps as they go through the wave solder
     process (machine entrance to exit!). I suspect that if you compare
     your thermal profile data with the component suppliers data sheet that
     you are exceeding a maximum temperature limit during the wave
     soldering process. You may also have a process temperature/flux
     chemistry interaction. Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins