TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
Matthew Leary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:50:59 -0800
Hi guys,
	I wound up here thanks to Yahoo and I do have aquestion for you,
although I do not know if I am in any position to ask you to answer me.
If I need to sign up for something, could you fill me in.  Anyway my
question is this:  A via passes through a four layer board, is a hole
drilled in the ground and the power layers.  What is used to insulate the
ground and power layers from the solder that eventually will fill this
hole?  Is it a form of mask?  I thought mask prevented it from the top of
a layer (i.e. the top of the board), but not the width if a board is cut.
 Anyway, please get back to me on this.  Thanks.
					Matt