Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 08:41:53 -0700
    Dave,

     It is common practice for us to use array's with x-out boards. We
    normally have the fiducial marked to allow the machine to skip that
    board.

    Pro's: cost reduction from the vendor

    Con's: increases cycle time
           tighter material control

    I hope this helps......

    Jabil Circuits Inc.
    Worldwide Project Engineer

Subject: X-outs on panels
Author:  "King; Dave" <[log in to unmask]> at IE_StPeteB1
Date:    7/29/96 2:34 PM

We buy boards in panel form and do not allow any x-outs. Occasionally we
have discussions about allowing x-outs and the potential cost savings by
doing so.

Does anyone have any comments on the pros & cons of allowing x-outs?

Dave King