TECHNET Archives

June 1999

From:
David Jandzinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:08:09 -0700
Hello All

I need your help!

What is the impact in reliability of a substrate that has exposed I/L metal
and exposed glass fibers.  I am particularly interested to know what happens
after 2nd level assembly.  I have to assume that the flux will cause ionic
contamination, moisture absorption resulting in delamination and of course,
field failures.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me.  Your assistance
is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!!

David Jandzinski
[log in to unmask] x307