Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 08:25:45 +0500 (EST)
Last week I asked for comments on our post-HASL cleaning process.  As
suggested when the forum started operation, I am offering a summary of
input I received from several sources.

Our process, in brief, consists of two water sprays, dip in a flux
remover, dip in a heated flowing water rinse, and a final water spray.

Fellow forum participants submitted the following:

- our process is fairly standard, may consider eliminating the flowing rinse

- conveyorized hot water blaster with Cascade dish detergent and gentle
nylon brushes works well

- nylon brush in recirculating rinse module with Cascade dish detergent,
followed by rinse and dry, produced clean and good-looking boards;  water
hardness may affect results

- mild soap with rinse and dry is one method;  more information is on the way

- "call me for more information";  haven't been able to get in touch yet.

The "Cascade" solution reminds me of something I read in the IEEE
SPectrum a year or so ago.  Regarding "green" technologies, I believe
some people at Sandia or Lawrence Livermore or some such place found the
best way to clean PC assemblies was to put them in a dishwasher with a
little detergent and a dose of lemon juice.

Lou Hart

.