Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 96 15:26:24

     I've seen information from capacitor vendors that characterize the
     fracture strength of their components.  In dealing with chip
     capacitors....  there are many different materials and geometries that
     are used to fabricate to different component values/specifications.

      I have seen reports that include force curves for mechanical stress
     (deflection, compression, and elongation) and thermal stress for
     capacitors placed on a PCB.  With appropriate interpretation these
     curves can yield insight into the maximum allowable "twist(warpage)"
     that can be tolerated.  I've also seen tests that correlate the solder
     amount to board bending.

     Vendors that I have worked with have supplied these results per
     request. I, however, have not seen a "general" reference.  Is it
     possible to check with your vendor for specific information?