From:
[log in to unmask] (Bob Smith - Foxboro Co)
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 96 16:21:14 est

The equipment you're looking for is a Micro-Modifier. As I
have been out of the fab side of PWB's for a while I do not
recall the manufacturer, (maybe Bishop Graphics?). It works in
the rotary motion you refer to.

In addition there are many conversion programs which will
create gerber from drill data and vice versa. Most PWB
suppliers should have this capability and pads can be modified
as required for soldermask.

--- Begin Included Message ---

Help!

As I understand it, there is a standard piece of equipment
used throughout
the pcb fab industry that will take a piece of film for a "pad
master" and
create a piece of film for a soldermask. Pads end up .010-.015
larger on new
exposed film. As I understand, this equipment has a motorized
surface that
moves in a circular motion.

I hope this description is not to vague, but if you can tell
me if such a
machine exists? What is it really called? And is that it's
true purpose?

The problem is, we have lost many of our older gerber archives
from an obsolete
cad system, and need to purchase more of these older boards
from our previous
supplier. Our interest is, If our existing supplier can now
supply these
pcb's with a soldermask, (they did not have soldermask
before).

Is this much of a problem for pcb fabricators?

Thanks for your answers:

--- End Included Message ---