From:
"Bruenning, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 96 07:57:00 CDT

In the experiments that we have done on wave soldering the omega wave has
shown little significance in the reduction of solder defects.  The main
factors that have stood out to us are 1. the spray fluxer nozzel size, 2.
spray fluxer pressure, 3. conveyor angle, 4. topside board temperature, 5.
solder bath temperature  6. turbulent wave, 7. dwell time.

I have seen the omega wave help reduce out gassing but I have no data to
back that up.