TECHNET Archives

July 2009

From:
Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:25:03 -0400
Shawn,

Your culprit is likely the plating topography.  The current carrying (and thermal) constraint is the thinnest area.  If you are paying for 1mil average on a .125 board, even class 3 could go down to 0.787 in the center.

If inner layers are involved, don't forget the making hole conductive (electroless) weak link.

Chris