From:
"KoizumiT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 96 18:39:35 JST
     Dear Mr. Tom Tillander,

     I would be glad if my experience will be helpful for the second half
     of your question dated October 31 with your subject "UL CONFORMAL
     COATING".
     >How do you measure the thickness of the coating to ensure UL
     >compliance?

     The comment I received from UL engineer last month was as follows-
     "The minimum and  maximum thicknesses indicated would be based on the
     average thickness of the base film and solder resist(coverlay) minus
     the average thickness of the base film by itself"
     It was very simple one.

     Where my question was-
     "Although we understand that you(UL) regard ink resists as one of
     Coverlay materials, we would like to comment the measurement results
     of ink resist thickness varies. The measurement method you are using
     or recommend will be appreciated."

     In addition, as our products are Flexible Printed Circuits only, our
     UL applications are for our FPCs.

     Best regards,

     Toru Koizumi(Mr.)
     Fujikura Ltd.