Date:
Wed, 22 May 96 13:14:01 EDT
Jack,

Yes, there is a potential corrosion problem but I think the severity depends on the environment the equipment is subject to.  We have delivered military systems
with tin/lead plated IC leads in gold plated sockets (wire wrap boards) which
have been in service for 20 years or more without failure due to corrosion.  Theboards are in humidity and temperature controlled room.

Jeff