TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 97 08:42:36 cst
     Hi Erik/Dave -

     I suggest that an ion chromatography (IC) test be conducted to see if
     the chlorine was absorbed into the soldermask or other surfaces of the
     circuit assemblies. There is a large body of data that shows that
     chlorine will cause reliability problems in terms of corrosion
     phenomena. There may be a better test than IC to determine if chlorine
     could be absorbed and/or be mobile - maybe Doug Pauls or Susan
     Mansilla can suggest a test method.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins