TECHNET Archives

March 1997

Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:36:32 -0500 (EST)
Hans

I can't comment on the assembly issues with the "concave or convex" resistor
networks.

However, we have had several companies commission samples of networks in our
Micro SMT chip scale package.

We are preparing a line of resistor and resistor capacitor networks in a 3.2
x 1.6 mm sixe.  The networks contain 12 to 32 resistors.  The lead pitches
are either 0.5 mm or 0.4 mm.

One of our customers did an assembly study of a similar sized part.  They had
acceptable yields on FR-4 pwbs using type III solder paste, normal stencil,
chipshooter placement, and convection reflow oven.

We thermal cycled several of these assembled parts from 0 to 100 degrees C
and had <2% failures after 3000 cycles.

If your interested in more info e-mail  ChipScale at [log in to unmask]