TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Jon Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:43:38 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/99 10:53:34 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Can anyone tell me what the industry std/limit is for micro grammes of NaCl
 per sq cm found after ionic testing?  I have a value under 5 and have a set
 fail limit of 20ug. This is after a 20 min test. >>

While the limit is fairly well documented in several standards, the test
duration is not.  Over several years of work on ionic contamination testing,
this was a major point of frustration for me.  Both the test duration and
fluid temperature should be included in the test specification.  Obviously
the results are different for a 1 minute test with room temperature fluid vs.
a 20 minute test with heated fluid.

Jon Moore
Z-Tech Services