From:
"Luis Rivera" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 11:25:19 +600 CDT

Bob,

You are correct, the dielectric constant of a material does not change
between microstrip, embedded microstrip or stripline configurations.

Avner,

Some general words of caution:

Dielectric constant does change depending on resin and reinforcement
type, resin content, frequency, temperature and humidity. Typically,
dielectric constant decreases as frequency increases.

On microstrips, the fact that there is air on one side of the
transmission line lowers the effective dielectric constant. Solder
mask coatings counteract this effect to some degree.

Please call off-line if you would like to discuss further.

Luis Rivera
CompuRoute, Inc.
Dallas, TX
(214) 340-0543