TECHNET Archives

June 1997

From:
Jim Herard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 13:16:38 -0400
Hi folks;

I generated a lot of confusion with my vague reference to "dazor"  inspection.
I'm sorry about this, let me clarify.

A "dazor"  is a term we generically apply to a large magnifying device
surrounded by a light (typically a circular fluorescent light).

Dazors, as commonly used should be 3 diopters in magnification, so that they
can easily be used in conjunction with inspections to IPC-600.

Dazors are typically used for reference, and often not calibrated, as they
contain no reticule.

Hope this helps everybody.
---------------------- Forwarded by Jim Herard/Endicott/IBM on 06-05-97 01:06 PM

        randyre @ fgspo01.merix.com