TECHNET Archives

October 2005

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dehoyos, Ramon
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:05:52 -0400
        Hi J-F:
        Some companies will not use shrinkable sleeve due to the
difficulty of inspecting the solder joint through the thick somewhat
clear insulation. Some will use them just fine.  If it is a process that
is going to be established. A procedure needs to be developed with the
assistance from the shrinkable sleeve manufacturer. There is no need to
reinvent the wheel. For hi reliability product a crimped joint, solder
the crimp ( clean flux ) then slide a shrinkable sleeve over the crimp
and shrink the sleeve is much better.
         Regards,
         Ramon