From:
BOB HOENE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:33:37 -0600
We are considering the efficacy of implementing x-ray process analysis
in line with our smt assembly line. The system we are considering is
manufactured by Four Pi systems and would be either their 3DX or 5DX
instrument. Before we get too far down the path, we would like to hear
any commentary from users of this system or similar systems as to their
real worth. Their sales data paints a pretty rosy picture and purports
substantial improvements in throughput and reduced costs allocated for
inspection, rework, warranty dollars, and lost margin. No doubt it may
even make mounds and mounds of julienne fries. Worth our time to
continue looking at this? No competitive sales pitches please.

Bob Hoene
Marquette Electronics, Inc.
Milwaukee, WI