From:
"Jack W. Bryant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 07:20:48 -0400
	     cycles.
I would be most interested in any publications or experiences about
component degradation resulting from  thru-hole components being
exposed to reflow temperatures after placing SMT parts. The natural
flow of an assembly line would be to place SMT components and then
insert thru-hole components. However, as a subcontractor,  layout
designs don't always conform to manufacturability standards and due to
interference from bottom side SMT parts conflicting with insertion
machine anvils,  being able to insert thru-hole parts, especially dips, and
then place bottom side SMT devices would be considerable.

I would also be interested in reviewing other methods about building
such layout designs without increasing hand placement labor.