From:
[log in to unmask] (Scott Decker)
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 May 1996 12:43:44 -0800
Hello everyone, I know this is not the correct place to
post this question, but I'll keep it short. One of our
Software Engineers is going to England in a few weeks and
has some questions regarding modems. If any body can help
with the fowlling questions please mail to me direct or
call the number listed below.

1. Does the UK use DTMF for dialing?
2. Is the interface to the phone line the RJ11 type
   jack?
3. Can he run a 14.4 or 28.8 type and FAX modem through
   the subscriber lines?
4. Are the ringing voltages still the 90VRMS on the Ring
   and is it 48VDC on the Tip & Ring like the US?
He will be using a standard Hayes compatible type modem
in the PC and won't need to worry about power to the unit.

Thanks for the forum to post this on and I know someone
from the UK or AT&T can answer this one. RIGHT?

Please send replys to: [log in to unmask]
or call the company 800 number below.

Scott Decker
Electronics Designer
Ext. 322