From:
RICH BUCCIERI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 10:37:01 -0600
Jack,
Our experience (bad) has not been with poured ESD flooring, but with
conductive tile.  Whichever type of flooring your client chooses, it cannot
be stressed enough that the concrete slab be below the maximum
allowable moisture level specified by the flooring manufacturer.  Do not
accept responses from the contractor that "it's close enough".  My
understanding is that excessive moisture under poured flooring is much
tougher to deal with than tile.

Rich Buccieri  -  [log in to unmask]

>>> Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]> 10/15/96 02:55pm >>>
We have a client that is building a new facility and wants to put in ESD
safe flooring.  They have done a lot of review, and based on literature
and salesment, have narrowed choices to an epoxy base or a carbon
filled urethane base poured floor.  There is significant cost difference
between the two, and one has a longer projected life.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these flooring materials
(or other choices) that they would be willing to share either on the net or
one-on-one regarding this subject?  Thanks

***ALL NEW EMPF PHONE NUMBERS***

                      Jack Crawford
                  HelpLine Manager
    Electronics Mfg. Productivity Facility
****NEW--317.655.3688--NEW****
*****FAX  317-655-3699 NEW ****
          714 N Senate Ave, Suite 100
         Indianapolis IN  46202-3112
          VISIT OUR HOME PAGE AT:
                http://www.empf.org
You got this msg so look at the top for my e-mail address.

*