From:
"Dean R. Cornstubble" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 10:24:49 -0400 (EDT)
My name is Dean Cornstubble and I work for Research Triangle Institute
(RTI) in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina.  Research
Triangle Institute is currently working in cooperation with the U.S. EPA's
Air Pollution Prevention and Control Division (APPCD), in RTP, to
integrate the concepts and practices of indoor air quality and pollution
prevention by identifying and demonstrating a pollution prevention
approach that can be used to reduce indoor air emissions from electronic
office equipment; specifically, those from computer monitors containing
printed circuit boards.  The objective of this research is to compare the
emissions of volatile organic compounds from printed circuit board
laminates made of paper/phenol and glass/epoxy, base/resin, versus a
newly developed glass/lignin-containing epoxy base/resin.

I am therefore seeking information regarding manufactures and their
manufacturing processes of paper/phenol and glass/epoxy laminates.  I
have references, such as Clyde F. Coombs, Jr.'s Printed Circuits
Handbook (3rd edition), that describe the manufacture of printed circuit
boards.  However, I need reference information pertaining to the
manufacturing process of the laminate and technical contacts of
companies who manufacture these types of laminates.  I am aware of
the fact that most computer monitors are assembled overseas and
imported to the U.S.

I would be most appreciative if anyone could provide me with additional
information in support of this project.  For those of you who are interested
in discussing this project independently with the EPA, feel free to contact
Ms. Kelly Leovic of the Office of Research and Development / APPCD
at (919) 541-7717.
 Dean R. Cornstubble	         P.O. Box 12194
 Research Chemical Engineer	         Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
 Research Triangle Institute	         RTI Home Page http://www.rti.org
 Phone: 919-541-6813 (Fax, 7155)   P2 Page http://www.rti.org/units/ese/pp.html