TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Richard Krug <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 08:28:08 EST
We began placing chip resistors over vias as a rework process several years ago.
 We then "progressed" to printing paste over vias and placing directly onto the
paste on one particular design.  The solder paste sometimes all flows into the
holes.  The subsequent wave solder process also sometimes robs the chip resistor
of solder.  We explicitly inspect these locations following wave soldering.  No
field problems have resulted in this home/office modem product.

Subject: [TECHNET] 0603's on vias
Author:  "\"TechNet Mail Forum.\" <[log in to unmask]>,                Frank
Hinojos" <[log in to unmask]> at ftl03