Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:37:40 -0400
Atotech has the capability of running TOC - total organic content on the
copper plating baths - also running footpaths on a cvs unit helps track the
mode of the solution itself - many years ago when working with a major
supplier - we had our customers run on an amphr/gallon basis - along with
hull cell - cross sections - surface to hole distribution - but found that
this was only a good guideline and not a reliable process to put in place -
with the introduction of organics thru the copper sulfate solutions - the
organics coming in from drag -in - cleaner - quality of ur sulfuric pre-dip -
organics from dry-film - TOC is  a much more reliable method than setting a
number based on amperhrs/gallon.

Atotech Canada Ltd

richard fudalewski