From:
Gary Ferrari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 15:29:59 -0500
At 02:05 PM 3/11/96 -0500, Dean Barham, x3805/p-0217 wrote:
>I'm curious what kinds of plot solutions people are using for
>RS274x and IPC-D-350 data formats?  Specifically, what kind
>of plotter, the resolution and are you plotting direct from
>your CAD software, using 3rd party software such as gerbtool,
>or using home grown software solutions?
>

>Thanks,
>
>Dean Barham
>Teradyne, Inc.

Dean;

We take both formats into our Tibor Darvas CAM. After CAM'ing the job, we
plot directly to a Gerber Crescent 40 plotter with a 1/8 mil resolution. The
direct plot format is Gerber's RPD format, for direct drive of their plotters.

We also can take a number of formats into the Advanced CAM Technologies
CAM350 product. This enables us to output them in RS274X. The main purpose
of using this product is for their front end analysis capability, at the
quote stage.

Regards,

Gary Ferrari
Tech Circuits