From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 1996 13:59:12 -0500 (CDT)
Randy

IPC-D-949 is the predecessor of IPC-D-275 and is thus now obsolete.  IPC
specifications no longer require measurement of solder thickness.
Performance of solderability testing is the only evaluation required.  If
you have to measure for the customer, the requirement would have most
likely been 0.0003 inches measured at the crest.  (Sorry don't have the
spec with me on the road).

Regards
Dave

David W. Bergman, Technical Director