From:
John Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 15:15:31 -0700
This controlled impedance stuff is new to us...

All the reading I have done seems to imply that reference planes are adjacent to the signal plane.  Is this typically the case, or always the case?
I have a customer who keeps submitting designs which call for a controlled impedance line where the reference plane is not adjacent.

Any input in helping us understand this would be appreciated.

Regards