From:
Andy Burkhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 17:38:22 GMT
At 13:37 30/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>[log in to unmask] wrote:
>>
>>      Has anybody heard of back pressure signaling??????
>>
>	Hey, Groovy!
>
>	It was great to meet you and so many other TechNet denizens
>	at the Naples conference.
>
>	Meanwhile, I'll hazard a guess at your problem.  Could be
>	another way to say "reflected wave switching"?  This mode
>	counts on a positive reflection to make 0>1 transition; the
>	signal propogates to its end without transitioning, reflects,
>	and transitions on it's way "back" to the source.  I believe
>	the benefits are lower power system demands and no need for
>	load-type terminations.
>
>	Gotta run, Boston show in full swing.
>
>	Cheers!
>--
>      Jeff Seeger                             Applied CAD Knowledge Inc
>      Chief Technical Officer                      Tyngsboro, MA  01879
>      [log in to unmask]                               508 649 9800

Dave,

Good to see you (and other TechNet Legends) in Florida.

I have never heard of the exact expression "back pressure signaling", but
I can agree with Jeff's comments above.  Over time I have seen a couple of
articles on "reflected wave signaling".  My long term filing system is not
working too well today! - but if I find anything I fax you directly.

My experience of network designs is limited, so I can't comment on Doug
McKean's explanation.  Lee Ritchey at 3COM may be able to advise you; his
email is: Lee Ritchey <[log in to unmask]>

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Andy Burkhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Tel: + 44 1481 53081